And February 5th was Todd's birthday! Yay! Am I allowed to say that he turned 35??? (BEFORE ME!!!!) Oops! I just did! He said he's ready for his mid-life crisis now, and wonders when he gets his sports car, and I told him his Toyota Matrix counts! :) Todd has been surviving his 1 hour and 10-minute commute out to the other side of Houston like a pro, and has been a good sport about the drive. He's been listening to General Conference on CD until the twins decided to put money into his CD player--the same thing they did to mine! CD players do not work like jukeboxes, however, and now neither of our CD players are working in our cars. (They also tried putting credit cards into my CD player, still with no success!) Sigh... someday life will be boring and our children will be grown and we won't constantly be dealing with "things the twins have broken." But for now, life is still exciting!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
February birthdays!
So, February is a big month for the Texas Blakes, birthday-wise. First we had Aubrey & Grant's 3rd birthday on February 1st. Yes, I can't believe my babies are 3 years old. I still remember the first time we held our little angels in the hospital, and they were only 4 lbs. each. Now they are huge and healthy and talking, and Aubrey is even almost-potty trained! Wahoo!
We had a nice family party that night and had Uncle Rob and Aunt Heather over for dinner, and then the Ochoas joined us for cupcakes and ice cream. Great fun!
Aubrey shows off her "Dora Castle" from Sissy! (They gave Grant the Spiderman costume that he put on immediately!)
Aubrey with "her Robby!"
There's Sissy and Jacob! And, we finally got the Spiderman mask off of Grant when he realized there wasn't a way to eat his cupcake without taking it off...
Not to be left out, Daddy had to show off his muscles after putting together the twins' birthday present--a playhouse! Mommy was hoping that they would spend more time playing outside in this beautiful Houston weather before it gets too hot! So far, they love it!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
OH I love the pictures! And the spiderman outfit is just too cute! What cutie-pies you have...and maybe next year we'll all pitch in and get the twins a REAL jukebox!
Hey, are my kids and grandkids cute or what!? They're darling, and I love your blog! I love you guys too...
Nana Betty
It's not really that kids grow up and stop breaking things...they just change and find other things that they can test their boundaries with. But that's the fun of having them!!! Happy Birthdays all around!! Good to see you guys!
Post a Comment